Mr. Leff tied to Poetry

Mr. Leff wandered Lonely as a cloud.....



Author: Samir Gray

Comments

  1. I am enjoying very much your depiction of Mr. Leff, and also the subversiveness of your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the end this leads to a question that we must all answer. Is Mr. Leff tied to the poem or is the poem tied to him? Regardless of the previous mind boggling question I must compliment the articulate art work that stands before me. I'm very impressed and i can empathize with Mr. Leff at the given moment. I know that sounds weird but I am saying this because sometimes when I am history I feel y sub conscious drifting away on a cloud.

    ReplyDelete

  3. This is very clever and feels like a surrealist solution to this poetry problem. The Mr. Leff likeness is excellent, and I appreciate the fact that the cloud is no longer lonely with its history-rich companion to keep it company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you incorporated a little bit of Uni into your solution! I think it accurately symbolizes how history can be tied to poetry, which manifests in the physical bond between the cloud of text and Mr. Leff. Overall, really well drawn and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sammy Gray and ShUd Poetry are always out with the fire, best posts around. I loved this one because you perfectly captured Mr. Leff's hairstyle, face, clothing (I see that half tuck at the bottom), and all around demeanor. I can tell you put a lot of time into this, good job! In the words of Alex Higgs, you are truly "mind boggling."

    ReplyDelete
  6. The depiction of Mr. Leff is spot on and I liked that he was connected to the cloud symbolizing poetry. This was a great take on the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Mr. Leff and I love this drawing of him. Did you do this from memory, or use a specific photo with him in this pose?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice drawing-- I'm really impressed with how well you were able to capture Mr. Leff's body language-- I've definitely seen him stand like that before. I also really like how you drew his hand on the left, I think that turned out especially well. Cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super dope. Mr. Leff's beard is perfect. I love how you used the different aspects of Wordsworth's poem in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's such a great drawing of Mr. Leff and I love the cleverness you had with him and the cloud no longer being lonely - I don't know is Mr. Leff lonely? I guess we have so much respect for Mr. Leff that he has become history. Also the un-tucked shirt is iconic. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts